Board of Governors
The Council is led by a 12-member Board of Governors, which is responsible for setting the strategic direction of the organization, ensuring fulfillment of the Council’s mandate and oversight of the Council’s operations.
The Board of Governors has a unique structure. Each Member Academy appoints two governors. These six governors then appoint two additional governors from the general public. The remaining four governors are proposed by the federal Minister of Industry, but are formally appointed by the Board.
The Board of Governors is supported in its work by five committees:
- Executive Committee
- Audit and Finance Committee
- Investment Committee
- Nominations, Selection and Governance Committee
- Human Resources and Compensation Committee.
Visit Board membership for a list of current members and their biographies.
Scientific Advisor Committee
The Board of Governors also appoints a Scientific Advisory Committee that provides advice on the substance and procedure of expert assessments, particularly on the following aspects:
- The generation of potential subjects for future assessments
- The suitability of subjects proposed to the Council for expert assessment
- The terms of reference for the independent expert panels that carry out the assessments
- Potential membership of expert panels
- Peer review process of draft assessment report
- Communication of final assessment reports, with the objective of enhancing their impact.
Visit SAC membership for a list of current members and their biographies
Mailing List SignupReceive our newsletter, notifications of new assessments topics, news releases, and more!